Hike | Linda Vista Trail | Tucson
Linda Vista Trail is a perfect mixture of a hike that's close to the city, but far enough to enjoy nature in peaceful serenity.
- Distance: 2 Miles RT
- Type of Trail: Loop
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Elevation: 425 feet
- Kid Friendly: Yes
- Dog-Friendly: Yes
- Fee/Permit: None
The trail is well defined and pretty easy to navigate; ideal for beginners and solo hikers. From the trailhead, there is a sign that shows the trail route and additional trail information. Either route will do as this is a loop trail and will lead you back to the same place.
The trail itself has various routes helping you craft a trail experience suited for your time and level of expertise. It is a simple and straightforward hike allowing you to enjoy the beautiful desert landscape. At the peak of the hike before you descend back down the loop there is a trail that takes you to Pusch Peak for some uphill hiking and breathtaking views.
The loop was a perfect trail to do with kids - including a six-month-old baby! And going during sunset provides lovely hiking temperatures, mood lighting and stunning views of the city life below.
Head North on Oracle Road and a right onto Linda Vista Drive. Keep driving down Linda Vista for a minute and you will reach the trailhead parking lot on your right.
- Perfect hike for beginners or solo hikers who don't want to venture to deep into the desert.
- Highly recommend to do this during sunset as the views are amazing; if you look closely in the horizon you will see Picacho Peak!
- The parking lot has enough spaces for about 6 cars.
* Please remember to hike at your own risk. To learn more please refer to our Hiking Disclaimer.